Dr. Guy Rotkopf, Director General, Israel Ministry of Justice
Prof. Dina K. Prialnik, Vice Rector, TA University
Mr. Zhou Hao, Head of the Data Development Section of the Economics and Statistics Division, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
Mr. Francis Gurry, Director General, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)- video recording
Opening Address and Keynote Lectures:
· Prof. Daniel Zajfman – President, Weizmann Institute of Science: Academic excellence, basic scientific research and commercialization: can they work together?
·Mr. David Kappos - former Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the US Patent and Trade Office and current Partner of Cravath, Swaine and Moore, LLP: The role of IP in the future World development
11:00 am-11:30 am
Special Sponsors’ Session
Senior Management & Stakeholders: Commercialization of Know-How and IP Rights: The Role of the Government, Academia and Industry
Conveners: Ms. Einat Zisman, CEO of Hadasit, Hadassah's Technology Transfer Company, Mr. Eli Baran, Head of Communication & Electronics Sector, Office of the Chief Scientist, Ministry of Economy
Moderator: Ms. Einat Zisman, CEO of Hadasit, Hadassah's Technology Transfer Company
A panel discussion* including:
- Dr. Ilan Cohn, Senior Partner, Reinhold Cohn Group, Israel
- Mr. Yaky Yanay, VP Finance & CFO, Pluristem Therapeutics Inc
- Dr. Hadar Ron, M.D., Managing Partner at Israel Healthcare Ventures - Dr. Shmuel Ur, Ur Innovations - Mr. Zhou Hao, Head of the Data Development Section of the Economics and Statistics Division, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) * no slides/presentation
IP Professionals: Copyright and the Future of Open Source
Conveners: Prof. Michael Birnhack, Faculty of Law, Tel-Aviv University, Mr. Yoav Alkalay, Senior Attorney at the IBM General Legal Department, and, and Mr. Amit Itai, Law Students Association, Tel-Aviv University
IP Professionals: Enforcement of IP Rights in US, Europe, Asia & Israel
Conveners and Moderators: Ms. Rinat Shiran-Rasky, Vice President and General Patent Counsel at Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Ms. Einav Zilber, Director, Intellectual Property Legal Counsel at Applied Materials
Legal Professionals: Business and Taxation Aspects of IP
Conveners: Dr. Ilan Cohn, Senior Partner, Reinhold Cohn Group, Israel and Mr. Tal Band, President AIPPI-Israel, Senior Partner at S. Horowitz & Co.
Moderator: Dr. Gal Ehrlich, Ehrlich & Fenster
Speakers: - Mr. John Fisher, International Tax Partner at KPMG Somekh Chaikin, Israel: Intellectual property – upsetting the tax world order (presentation not provided by speaker)
- Ms. Nava Swersky Sofer, Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist, Senior Executive, Innovation and Technology Commercialization Expert and Consultant. Former CEO of Yissum: From IP to business: Tips for successful commercialization (no slides).
- Mr. Yuval Horn, Horn & Co. Law Offices: Owning your IP: three legal issues to be aware of
4:30 pm-5:30 pm
Senior Management: The Role of Trademarks in New Businesses of the 21st Century
Gala Dinner Event (advance tickets)
Special address on Smartphone Wars by Mr.Marshall Phelps, founding partner of Intellectual Ventures and author of "Burning the Ships" (no slides) Mr. Phelps will be introduced by Dr. Ilan Cohn, Senior Partner, Reinhold Cohn Group, Israel
The dinner will be followed by an optional Newe Zedek night tour
Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Randall R. Rader Judge of the Revision Chamber, Federal Court of Justice, Germany Dr. Klaus Grabinski: view presentation
on The Rationale and Role of Specialized Patent Courts
Conveners: Mr. Seth Heller, Arnold & Porter, USA and Mr. Tal Band, President AIPPI-Israel, Senior Partner, S. Horowitz & Co.
Moderator: Mr. Matthew Wolf, Partner and Co-Chair of Intellectual Property, Arnold & Porter, USA
Entrepreneurs and IP Professionals: Trends and Rulings Regarding Service Inventions
Conveners: Mr. Tal Band, President AIPPI-Israel, Senior Partner at
S. Horowitz & Co., and Mr. Nir Kantor, The Manufacturers Association of Israel, Head of the Chemical, Pharmaceutical & Environmental Society.
Moderator: Mr. Tal Band, President AIPPI-Israel, Senior Partner at