Convener: Sandy Colb, Founder, Sanford T. Colb & Co.
Monday, April 30, 10:45 am- 12:15 pm
Patenting software-related inventions has become increasingly challenging as a result of changes in the law, changes in revisions of patent office practice and enforcement of software-related patents. The session will examine these issues, including opportunities for patenting software, software based systems and methods and business methods and enforcing such patents in some major jurisdictions including the USA, Israel, Europe, China, Japan and India. Leading patent practitioners in these jurisdictions will present the current legal and practical framework in each jurisdiction.
- Morgan Chu, Partner, Irell and Manella
- Claude Stern, Partner, Quinn Emanuel
- Duncan White, Partner, Marks & Clerk, UK
- Makoto Onda, President, Patent Attorney, Onda Techno Intl. Patent Attorneys
- Gerard Myon, partner at LAVOIX IP; and the Treasurer General of AIPPI International.
- William H. Mandir, Partner, Sughrue Mion, PLLC, Washington D.C.