Convener: Yael Baratz, Senior Partner, Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz
Monday, April 30, 5:00 pm- 6:30 pm
Many aspects of license agreements present complex legal issues that a licensing practitioner, who negotiates and drafts cross border license agreements, must take into account. We will focus on the following topics: Can a contractual obligation to pay royalties extend beyond the life of a patent? Can a licensee challenge a licensed patent? What tax obligations are imposed on a licensee when remitting payments to a licensor? And what anti-trust issues arise in the context of licensing?
- Dr. Arpita Maiti, Senior Director, External R&D Innovation (ERDI), Inflammation & Immunology at Pfizer
- Mr. Mike Lee, Director at Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. of Washington DC.
- Prof. Michal S. Gal, S.J.D, Director of the Forum for Law and Markets, Faculty of Law, University of Haifa, President, International Academic Society of Competition Law Scholars (ASCOLA)
- Mr. Moshe Bina, Senior Manager, International Taxation, Deloitte Israel
- Mr. Curtis McDaniel, Vice President, Global Legal Advisor at Ferring International Center S.A.,