Convener: Yael Baratz, Senior Partner, Pearl Cohen Zedek Latzer Baratz, Chair of the Corporate and Licensing Practice Group
Monday, April 30, 5:00 pm- 6:30 pm
License agreements present numerous complex legal and commercial issues that a licensing practitioner, who negotiates and drafts cross border license agreements, must take into account. We will focus on certain legal and business matters that arise in the context of license agreements, as well as the internal decision making process at big pharma, with a view towards contributing both legal and practical business advise to our audience.
- Mr. Curt McDaniel, Group Deputy General Counsel, Ferring Pharmaceuticals – ‘Contentious points in negotiating licensing agreements’
- Dr. Arpita Maiti, Senior Director, External Science & Innovation (ES&I), Inflammation & Immunology and Microbiome at Pfizer – ‘The decision making process at big pharmas when licensing-in technology’
- Mr. Mike Lee, Director at Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. of Washington DC. – ‘Patent Exhaustion; strategies after the Lexmark decision’
- Adv. Moshe Bina, Director, International Taxation, Deloitte Israel – ‘Taxation and license agreements’
- Prof. Michal S. Gal, S.J.D, Director of the Forum for Law and Markets, Faculty of Law, University of Haifa, President, International Academic Society of Competition Law Scholars (ASCOLA) – ‘Competition Law and licensing agreement’