Moderator: Tamir Afori, Head of IP, Shibolet & Co.
Tuesday, May 1, 10:45 am- 12:15 pm
The overlap of design and copyright protection in or in relation to article, is a question that has occupied the legal literature and jurisprudence throughout the world. Among others, this question raises issues of scope of protection as well as its duration. There are recent legislative changes and court decisions in many places, including the UK, US and Israel, that may have an impact on this issue. This complicated overlap issue from both academic and practical view-points of Israeli and foreign scholars and professionals will be discussed in this panel.
- Mr. Scott Martin, Deputy General Counsel, EVP, Paramount Pictures
- Mr. Howard Poliner, Head of Intellectual Property Law Department, Legislation and Legal Counsel (Civil Law), Israeli Ministry of Justice
- Mr. John Wilks, Partner, DLA Piper, London, UK
- Ms. Shira Perlmutter, Chief Policy Officer and Director for International Affairs at the USPTO
- Ofer Tur Sinai, Faculty Member and Lecturer, Faculty of Law, Ono Academic College