Convener: Richard Luthi, Founder and Head of Luthi+Co
Tuesday, May 1, 12:15 pm- 1:30 pm
Patent owners frequently face the need to enforce or defend their patents in foreign jurisdictions. This is an expensive and time consuming exercise. It requires working with and instructing local lawyers and patent agents in unfamiliar legal environments. Patentees quickly learn that there are significant legal and procedural differences between jurisdictions which affect the strategy, time and cost of litigation, particularly if parallel proceedings in several countries are expected.
The aim of this session is to highlight and discuss some of these differences in key jurisdictions, such as the US and Europe and to discuss how these affect the choice of venue and the overall strategy. The session will also address how to best manage foreign litigation.
- Dr. Georg Kirsch, Senior Patent Litigation Counsel, Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH
- Bruce Genderson, Partner, Williams Connolly Washington, US
- Patrick Kelleher, Partner, Bird & Bird London, UK
- Liam Galin, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Flash Networks, Israel
- Mr. Yoav Alkalay, Head of IP, Amdocs Inc.