Convener: Daphna Gilat, Senior Partner, Gilat, Bareket & Co.
Tuesday, May 1, 10:45 am- 12:15 pm
The Israeli innovative ecosystem is known to generate large quantities of quality intellectual property (IP). However, for various reasons, many Israeli startups and global corporations that conduct R&D in Israel very often choose to register IP in the name of a foreign corporation, often one established for the sole purpose of being an IP-holding company, for the purpose of enjoying a favorable IP tax regime.
An Israeli government-sponsored legislation of a new tax regime providing major tax benefits to companies who register their IP in Israel can and should change this situation. Such tax benefits, which are accompanied by more flexible regulations governing cross-territory knowledge transfer, create a new and very inviting atmosphere for IP-oriented investments in Israel.
In this panel we will hear about those issues from leading figures in the Israeli economy.
- Ms. Karin Mayer Rubinstein, Adv. – CEO and President, Israel Advanced Technology Industries (IATI).
- Mr. Zafrir Neuman, Adv. – The General Counsel, Israel’s National Innovation Authority (Mr. Neuman will speak on the Innovation Authority’s activities and relevant IP issues)
- Mr. Nadav Shemesh – Israeli Ministry of Finance. (Mr. Shemesh will speak on the intellectual property related tax reliefs that are provided by the Encouragement of Capital Investments Law 5719-1959)
- Ayal Shenhav, Partner, Shenhav & Co. Advocates & Notary
- Mr. Carsten Fink, Chief Economist, WIPO